If you are thinking of buying a Canary home security system, you are on the right page. The recently released Canary camera will be ideal for most small businesses and homeowners.
In this Canary review, you will learn what this system is capable of, what it does well and what issues need to be addressed. This is the only Canary home security review you will ever need to read.
What is included in the price?
Here is what you get, when you buy this compact home security kit:
- A powered unit that has a camera, speaker, microphone and siren built in
- Access to the free App to control the camera
- An AC power adapter
- A micro USB cable
- A secure setup cable
- A quick start guide
What is the Canary all-in-one home security device capable of?
With this home security device, you can do the following:
- Stream live footage of what is going on in your home to your devices
- Compatible with Android 4.0 and above devices
- Compatible with iOS devices with version 4 or above installed
- Record 1080p HD quality footage
- Receive instant video and text alerts when the camera is triggered
- Save recent footage to The Cloud for free, which means no monthly usage fees
- Control the system via the free App that is included
- Automatic re-arm option
- Automatic disarm option
- The ability to arm or disarm the system remotely from your phone or tablet
- Can be set up and run via a Wi-Fi network or over Ethernet
- Multiple users can be notified of events
- Monitor multiple locations from one Canary monitoring account
- Pick up movement, sound and images
- 147-degree viewing angle
- Includes night vision
- Monitor air quality, humidity and temperature
- Set the unit’s 90 dB siren to go off when people come within a certain distance of the unit
- Install in a minute – plug in, connect to your home internet, set up via the app and you are good to go
- High quality security for your data and protection to stop thieves interfering with the system to gain access to your property
Canary camera review ratings
As you can see the Canary security camera has a lot to offer, but you need to know whether it really does do everything listed above. Well from the hundreds of reviews we have read to put together this overview of the Canary system it is clear that, for the most part, it does. It has an average rating of four out of five stars across several review sites.
Here are some of the things users appreciated about this Canary home security system:
Easy setup – this is a very easy system to set up, and the App is intuitive.
Good support from Canary – this security camera manufacturer clearly listens to their customers. They respond promptly to customer questions. Many of the changes Canary has made to the system have been suggested by their clients.
Exceptionally good video quality – the quality of the images is excellent, even at night. Several users had been able to give footage of intruders to their local police force for them to use in their investigations. One even posted their footage on YouTube. The images were so good that they got a big response from people who wanted to help them to identify the perpetrators.
Automatic updates – the software updates automatically, so you always have access to the latest features.
Timeline feature in the app – you can look at the timeline and focus in on events to see what has been going on at the most important points of the day. This is something that many users seemed to like.
Fast alerts – this unit picks up movement and sound then sends an alert to either a single user or multiple users. It does this really quickly. One user said he deliberately set his system off and got an alert within 13 seconds.
Great value for money – several users commented on the fact that you get a lot for your money with this unit. It includes several features that are not even available on some of the more expensive all-in-one home security units, for example, the built-in siren.
Things people did not like about this security camera system
However, not every system is perfect. Some users had the following issues:
Unnecessary activity alerts – this system alerts users about every little change. Some people would like to see the ability to screen out some of these, for example, there is no need to know when the system is switching from regular vision to night vision. Some also said their pets set the system off too much. You can tell the system to ignore these kinds of alert, and it should learn not to notify you of them. However, this feature does not yet work flawlessly. Canary is resolving this issue and making progress, so the problem should be solved at some point in the near future.
No battery backup – if you have a power cut the unit does not work at all, which some users said was a worry to them.
As you can see from this Canary security system review, it is a good quality product. Many of the issues raised in the reviews have now been addressed by Canary, and it is clear that they will continue to improve the system where they can.